Presentations can become disasters even for experienced presenters. You have to make sure that your presentation is a visual aid and not a visual distraction which is the key to success. The tips shared below on how to design a ppt presentation slides will help you in designing:
- Try not to use serif fonts such as Times New Roman because it might be more difficult to read instead chose a single sans-serif font such as Arial or Helvetica.
- The font size should not be very small.
- Make sure you are using the same font for all the headlines.
- Select a different font for body copy and different for headlines.
- It is best to make headings bold and of different sizes from those for captions and subheadings.
- It is preferred to add a fourth font for page numbers or for sidebars a secondary body font.
- In any one publication avoid using more than four fonts.
- To indicate importance try to use larger fonts.
- Try using different sizes, colors, and styles for creating more impact.
- Completely avoid using italicized fonts because they are hard to read quickly.
- Don’t use long sentences.
- Don’t use abbreviations and acronyms.
- Use very few punctuation marks.
- For bullet points, use t only one thought per line.
- The best way to go about is using dark text on a light background or either using light text on dark background.
- Except for titles never use all caps.
- Put page numbers in the same place on every page.
- Stand six feet from the monitor to check the font and see if you can properly read each slide.
Designing and Usage of Graphical Images
- You go for design templates as well.
- It is essential to standardize your position, colors, and styles.
- Incorporate only necessary information.
- Make sure to limit your information to only essentials.
- Use self-evident content
- Use contrasting and complimenting colors.
- Don’t add too many slides as it can lose your audience’s attention.
- The background should be consistent and subtle.
- Don’t use too many transitions.
- It is best to add only one or two large images rather than adding several small images.
- Prioritize images instead of using so many images to compete for attention.
- All images should be of the same size.
- The border should be the same throughout.
- Vertically or horizontally arrange the images.
- The design should be clean and uncluttered. There should be some empty space left around the text and graphical images.
- Use a graphical image that can relate to and enhance the topic of the slide.
- Throughout the presentation try to use the same style of graphical image (e.g., cartoon, photographs)
- Completely avoid using flashy images and also noisy animation effects unless it is directly relatable to the slide.
- The number of colors on a single screen should be in limit.
- Small objects and thin lines stand out with bright colors.
- On one chart try to use no more than four colors.
- Colors may project differently than what appears on the monitor so check all colors on a projection screen before.
These tips will surely help you in how to design a ppt presentation slide. Do let us know how they helped you in your designing process. Happy Designing:)